Re: IPSec + 5.2.current Problem

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 15:56:23 +0200
On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 15:25:24 +0200
Hannes Mehnert <hannes_at_mehnert.org> wrote:

> > My tring with FAST_IPSEC, disable gif, manual route configureation,rtfm goes to
> > nothing.
>
> When I set 'options MSIZE=512' in the kernel config, IPSec works for
> me.
> Without this option I get 'ERROR: pfkey.c:1076:pk_sendupdate():
> libipsec failed send update (No buffer space available)' from racoon.

I don't have a problem with racoon (because I use MSIZE too), but I have
a problem with the actual data transfer over the encrypted tunnel, see
FAST_IPSEC instead of IPSEC, everything works.

So you're able to transfer data over the tunnel with IPSEC?

It's a simple configuration, I've configured a gif tunnel between the
FreeBSD box and a hardware appliance (I've only access to the FreeBSD
system), added some SPD entries with setkey, configured racoon with a
pre-shared key and added a static route. With 4.10 this worked without
problems. After replacing the 4.10 box with a 5-current one, I had to
switch to FAST_IPSEC to get it working.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
           I'm available to get hired (preferred in .lu).

http://www.Leidinger.net                       Alexander _at_ Leidinger.net