Re: [PLEASE TEST] Better support for Synaptics Touchpads

From: Philip Paeps <philip_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 03:31:06 +0200
On 2004-08-10 18:12:02 (-0500), Scott Lambert <lambert_at_lambertfam.org> wrote:

> dmesg:
> psm0: unable to allocate IRQ
> psmcpnp0 irq 12 on acpi0
> psm0: current command byte:0047
> psm0: found IntelliMouse

This appears not to be a Synaptics Touchpad, but an intellimouse...

> psm0: syncmask:08, syncbits:08

Synaptics have 0c here.  I'm not aware of any Synaptics hardware responding
differently to probes (though the specs might be a bit dated here and there, I
wouldn't expect them to change something like that).

> I have a Compaq Presario 2195US with Synaptics touchpad.

Are you really sure it's a Synaptics?

 - Philip [puzzled]

--
Philip Paeps                                    Please don't Cc me, I am
philip_at_freebsd.org                               subscribed to the list.

  Any child who chatters non-stop at home will adamantly
  refuse to utter a word when requested to demonstrate
  for an audience.