Re: World broken in stage 1.1

From: Thomas Nystrom <thn_at_saeab.se>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 11:12:53 +0200
Ruslan Ermilov wrote:

> Trying to set MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX in /etc/make.conf and attempting to buildworld
> RELENG_4 on a 4.x machine similarly fails right away.
>
> The reason I'm writing this email is that I'm really interested in
> reproducing the case where it could have possible worked before.  Any help
> on your side would be highly appreciated.
>
> The only case that I know of this could have worked (tested) is if make(1)
> was instructed to prefer the MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX environment variable over a
> global one, with ``make -E MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX''.  Then setting MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX
> in /etc/make.conf works.

I have been using 'MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX?= /home/obj' (or similair) in
/etc/make.conf for quite a long time now. NOTE: it must be '?='. I have
used it on both 4.x and 5.x (latest 5.2.1-R).

/thn

Svensk Aktuell Elektronik AB                     Thomas Nyström
Box 10                                    Phone: +46 8 35 92 85
S-191 21  Sollentuna                        Fax: +46 8 35 92 86
Sweden                                      Email: thn_at_saeab.se