RE: cvs commit: src/sys/dev/acpica acpi_pci_link.c acpi_pcib.cacpi_pcib_acpi.c acpi_pcib_pci.c acpi_pcibvar.h

From: Daniel Eriksson <daniel_k_eriksson_at_telia.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 01:04:49 +0200
John Baldwin wrote:

> He's using an I/O APIC.  These are probably all entries that
> don't have a link
> device but just a hardwired global interrupt number.  Did you
> test that case?

Yes, I have "device apic" in my kernel config file. Is this a bad thing to
do for a UP system?

I remember googling "device apic" and finding at least some info that seemed
to indicate that it was off by default in GENERIC simply because there are a
few I/O APICs that are buggy, and that it actually helped on systems with
properly working chips.

Should I leave it out of my kernel config? (I'm just about to recompile with
Nate's extra debug output patch.)

/Daniel Eriksson