Re: World broken in stage 1.1

From: M. Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 00:28:13 -0600 (MDT)
In message: <200408110916.i7B9GTj43770_at_Mail.NOSPAM.DynDNS.dK>
            Barry Bouwsma <freebsd-misuser_at_remove-NOSPAM-to-reply.NOSPAM.dyndns.dk> writes:
: Which brings up something else -- has there been any
: resolution of the conflict between `DISTDIR' as used by
: ports, and `DISTDIR' as used by the `distribute' targets?
: I have the former set in my make.conf, which resulted in
: some odd paths, no matter how I specified `DESTDIR=' and
: `DISTDIR=' as both environment and `make' options when in
: the top-level src directory, but resolved itself only when
: given as an option within the `etc' subdirectory.

No.  At work we do unnatural things to make ports honor DESTDIR in the
way that we think it should work (build in a chroot, install into a
chroot, make the package, and then chroot to DESTDIR and install there
again).

Warner