Re: Panic in nd6_slowtimo()

From: sebastian ssmoller <sebastian.ssmoller_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 08:42:44 +0200
(...)

> > hi,
> > if i remember correctly i got this panic from time to time on my
> > workstation. what i did as a "work-around" i guess was to disable
> > ipv6
> > (option INET6).
> >
> > the system runs stable now but i had to configure X11 to -nolisten
> > tcp
> > which makes it difficult to start X11 progs from another user :)
> >
> > have a look at:
> > http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2004-January/019524.html
> >

> I would be interested to know if this still happens.  We've been
> trying to fix up the IPv6 code.  I am running IPv6 on several machines
> (CURRENT and STABLE) and have yet to see this.  I am also using
> neighbor discovers (nd) extensively.

i dont know whether this prob still exists. i run 5.2.1 on this system
(inet6 disabled as i said) and actually i do not really want to update
to -current at the moment cause this is my "production" workstation. :(

unfortunately i could not reproduce this problem on my test system
(inet6 enabled; using pf) ...

but what i can do is, i can build a current kernel only, reboot the
system with it, start pf, connect to the internet (dsl) and see whether
this panic occurs again.
i dont know whether this will work .... (?)

thx
regards,
seb