Re: [RFC] virtual AT keyboard driver

From: Boris Popov <bp_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 15:05:11 +0700
On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 04:23:29PM -0700, Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:

> i need an expert opinion on the following problem.
>
> basically i would like to be able to use things like wireless (bluetooth
> in particular) keyboard and mouse. in this case a piece of software
> (bluetooth hid daemon) runs on the host and talks to the wireless hid
> devices (keyboard, mouse etc.) the daemon receives the input from the
> device and passes it to the host.

	Well, I'm not an expert in this area but faced the same problem:
in some embedded systems - we're used infrared non-standard keyboards
and small (128x64 dots) LCD displays.  My solution were very close to yours
just interpolated to 4.8 codebase.  It worked well enough and having such
driver in the base system will be a big help indeed.

--
Boris Popov