RE: Deadlocks with recent SMP current

From: Daniel Eriksson <daniel_k_eriksson_at_telia.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 00:44:59 +0200
Here's a pretty unproductive "me too" message. Never tried SCHED_ULE, but
SCHED_4BSD hangs one of my servers pretty reliably when doing a "make -j 6
buildworld". No messages, no debugger, no nothing. Running with a UP kernel
has kept the machine stable for 5 days now, with a lot of compiling going
on.

System:
ASUS P2B-DS motherboard (440BX)
2 x 700MHz P3
1GB ECC RAM
5-CURRENT from a few days ago

The machine is located on the other side of town and does not have a NMI
button, so I guess I won't be able to help track it down. But I would be
happy to try out patches if you need help with that.

/Daniel Eriksson