Re: lnc0 in VmWare doesn't work

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 13:28:52 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 14 Aug 2004, Vitaly Markitantov wrote:

> > I can't get any files off of my system because without lnc0 it has no
> > network.  I can only get in on the vmware console.
>
> I use for this purpose USB-flash drive.
>
> But turning off ACPI does nothing for this problem.  lnc0 still doesn't
> work without ACPI too.

I did make a change yesterday to add IFF_NEEDSGIANT to the ifnet flags of
the interface.  Theory suggests this should't be the problem (especially
if you're not running with debug.mpsafenet=1), but practice is generally
more relevant :-).  Is it possible for you to check to see if the
before/after versions of that change to see if that's the cause?

robert_at_fledge.watson.org      Principal Research Scientist, McAfee Research