ATA write-dma interrupt was seen but timeout fired LBA=53346288

From: Marc van Kempen <marc_at_bowtie.nl>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 08:10:00 +0200
Hi,

Since two weeks I get this warning after resuming my laptop (IBM Thinkpad
R40), this is with acpi enabled on a -current of yesterday (15 Aug), some
relevant settings:

hw.acpi.sleep_button_state=S3
hw.acpi.lid_switch_state=S3
hw.syscons.sc_no_suspend_vtswitch=1
hw.acpi.reset_video=0

In a time frame of about two or three weeks this setup worked wonderfully,
everything worked when suspending/resuming. I could even enable glx again.

After I resume I get these warnings:

ATA write-dma interrupt was seen but timeout fired LBA=53346288
ATA write-dma interrupt was seen but timeout fired LBA=53346288
ATA write-dma interrupt was seen but taskqueue stalled LBA=53346288

This basically results in the harddisk being unaccessible and the systems
hangs eventually. Rebooting does not work because the harddisk can't be
synced, etc.

Does anyone know what is going on?

Regards,
Marc.