Re: acpi issue? (WAS: module cbb already present)

From: Maxim Maximov <mcsi_at_mcsi.pp.ru>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:30:35 +0400
Maxim Maximov wrote:

>> Timecounter "i8254" frequency 1193182 Hz quality 0
>> CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2992.52-MHz 686-class CPU)
>>   Origin = "GenuineIntel"  Id = 0xf29  Stepping = 9
>>
>> Features=0xbfebfbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CLFLUSH,DTS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE>
>>
>>   Hyperthreading: 2 logical CPUs
>> real memory  = 536674304 (511 MB)
>> avail memory = 514506752 (490 MB)
>> ACPI APIC Table: <A M I  OEMAPIC >
>>
>>     Also this kernel stops after 'Pre-seeding PRNG:' message and stops
>> until I enter DDB. I can press any keys and they are displayed at the
>> screen. Ctrl-C doesn't work. I dont have a console at the moment, I
>> will post output of DDB trace, show threads, show locks and ps in
>> monday. I wonder if anyone else see this?
>>     It goes fine into single user mode. When I exit single user shell,
>> it boots fine.
>>     Witness enabled, preemption disabled, htt enabled, SMP kernel,
>> ACPI enabled (when disabled, it panics at boot btw), cleanworld before
>> buildworld, debug.mpsafenet=0 or 1, it doesn't matter on this subject.
>>

>     Here it is. It seems /etc/rc.d/preseedrandom runs its commands to
> 'sysctl -a' (proc 77) and then hangs.

	Finally, running 'sysctl -a' by hand, when in single user I observe
hang after hw.acpi.acline string. After reboot it continues fine with
these strings:

hw.acpi.acline: 0
hw.acpi.battery.life: 86
hw.acpi.battery.time: 72
hw.acpi.battery.state: 1
hw.acpi.battery.units: 1
hw.acpi.battery.info_expire: 5

	There is significant delay (about half a second) before battery
strings. It seems sometimes this delay prolongs indefinitely.
	This is ASUS L5 notebook. Aug 9 kernel doesn't have this problem. If
someone will look into it, it would be great.

--
Maxim Maximov