Re: ATA write-dma interrupt was seen but timeout fired LBA=53346288

From: Marc van Kempen <marc_at_bowtie.nl>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 10:27:57 +0200
Søren Schmidt wrote:

> Marc van Kempen wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Since two weeks I get this warning after resuming my laptop (IBM
>> Thinkpad R40), this is with acpi enabled on a -current of yesterday
>> (15 Aug), some relevant settings:
>>
>> hw.acpi.sleep_button_state=S3
>> hw.acpi.lid_switch_state=S3
>> hw.syscons.sc_no_suspend_vtswitch=1
>> hw.acpi.reset_video=0
>>
>> In a time frame of about two or three weeks this setup worked
>> wonderfully, everything worked when suspending/resuming. I could even
>> enable glx again.
>>
>> After I resume I get these warnings:
>>
>> ATA write-dma interrupt was seen but timeout fired LBA=53346288
>> ATA write-dma interrupt was seen but timeout fired LBA=53346288
>> ATA write-dma interrupt was seen but taskqueue stalled LBA=53346288
>>
>> This basically results in the harddisk being unaccessible and the
>> systems hangs eventually. Rebooting does not work because the
>> harddisk can't be synced, etc.
>>
>> Does anyone know what is going on?
>

> Something is holding on to one of the taskqueues blocking the request
> processesing. I'm not sure what caused it but backstepping ATA doesn't
> make things work at least, suggesting to look somewhere else...
>
> For me at least network seems to be troublesome, if I exclude as much
> network related code as possible in the config, I can resume just fine.

Ok, I just had a look and I already have very little network related
code (I think). Just one network card (fxp) and the miibus device.

Or do you mean I should also take out the NFS* options, INET6, etc.?

What I can also take out:

device plip

'These two seem essential
device loop
device ether

'Some optional devices
device tun
device gif
device faith
device bpf

'usb ethernet drivers
device aue
device axe
device cue
device kue
device rue

'firewire ethernet driver
device fwe

Depending on my location I'm also loading the ndis device, will try this
also without it, and I'll take these out and report back.

cheers,
Marc.

--
http://zuidafrika.vankempen.com