Re: What's the status of vinum?

From: Mario A. Doria <mariodoria_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 09:16:06 -0500
>I'm currently doing a vinum RAID 1 on a box that runs RELENG_4_8.  For
>what I do, at least, RELENG_5_2 "feels worthy" of a production box and
>I'd really like to take advantage of some features 4.x doesn't have.
>The threads on vinum/gvinum have me wondering if I should hold off a
>bit.  What's the current condition of gvinum?  How well does
>vinum/gvinum work in RELENG_5_2?  What are the features not yet
>implemented in gvinum?  My eyeballs didn't capture any URLs for a
status
>page, but if someone can point me at one, that would be great.

Hi,

I tried to upgrade a machine running vinum from sources dated
2004.06.17.18.00.00, to -CURRENT sources of 2004.07.12 with gvinum but
with no success. After installing new world and kernel, I tried to do a
"gvinum start". The first time I ran it, it reported a mirror and a
concatenated plex OK, but after the first reboot it had lost its
configuration. I tried to start over using gvinum, by first, using
vinum and doing a resetconfig, then doing a create using gvinum. No
luck, I still lost my gvinum configuration after a reboot.

Mario