Re: LOR

From: John Baldwin <jhb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:59:09 -0400
On Monday 16 August 2004 08:19 am, Roman Kurakin wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     Question to gurus. Does witness keep in mind lock recursion when
> it checks for LORs.

Well, I'm not sure if I understand exactly what you are asking, but witness
only does lock order checks when you first acquire the lock.  Any recursive
locks will skip the order checking altogether since recursive acquires can
never block.  Similarly, trylock operations also stick order checks
altogether since they can never block either.