disappearing laptop keyboard mouse nubbin with recent -current

From: Michael W. Lucas <mwlucas_at_blackhelicopters.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 20:40:42 -0400
Hi,

I've checked the man pages, Google, and the recent "synaptics
touchpad" threads in -current without joy.

I have a laptop with a Synaptics touchpad beneath the space bar and a
pointer nubbin in the middle of the keyboard.  For a year or so, both
have worked.  As of -current a couple months ago, it worked.  With
last night's -current, however, the nubbin has stopped working.

The good news is, the touchpad works, so I have some sort of pointing
device.  The bad news is, I find touchpads icky and really, really
miss my pointer nubbin.  (Removing my hands from the home row while
writing really clashes with my working style.)  How can I get it
working again?

My mouse now shows up as:

psm0: <PS/2 Mouse> irq 12 on atkbdc0
psm0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
psm0: model Synaptics Touchpad, device ID 0

previously, it was:

Aug 12 05:23:04 ratbastard kernel: psm0: <PS/2 Mouse> irq 12 on atkbdc0
Aug 12 05:23:04 ratbastard kernel: psm0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
Aug 12 05:23:04 ratbastard kernel: psm0: model Generic PS/2 mouse, device ID 0

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
==ml

--
Michael Lucas		mwlucas_at_FreeBSD.org, mwlucas_at_BlackHelicopters.org
   "I'm sorry, but 'Social Darwinism' is no excuse for killing all of