Re: mem_range_attr_set undefined

From: Jason Andresen <jandrese_at_mitre.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 09:55:08 -0400
Robert Watson wrote:

>>>The mem kld will need to explicitly symbols required by other modules
>>>using the EXPORT_SYMS line in its Makefile.  So try adding:
>>>
>>> EXPORT_SYMS=	mem_range_attr_set
>>>
>>>to the module Makefile for mem, rebuilding, reloading, and adding
>>>additional symbols until it works?
>>>

>>Sure, I can try this.  Where is the Makefile for the mem device?
>>

>You can find the Makefile for the mem module in src/sys/modules/mem.  You
>might want to look at some of the other module Makefiles in related
>directories for examples of EXPORT_SYMBOLS use.

Ok, I removed the device mem from my kernel config and added the line:
EXPORT_SYMS+= mem_range_attr_set
to src/sys/modules/mem/Makefile

and recompiled with 'make buildkernel' / 'make installkernel'

Then I booted the new kernel and manually ran 'kldload mem' then
'kldload nvidia' and I still got the message:
link_elf: symbol mem_range_attr_set undefined