Re: Public Access to Perforce?

From: Doug Rabson <dfr_at_nlsystems.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 16:11:44 +0100
On Wednesday 18 August 2004 15:28, David Rhodus wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 17:57:19 +0400, Roman Kurakin <rik_at_cronyx.ru>
wrote:
> > I fully agree with you. But this not affect "open source"ness.
> > I'd rather call it open development.
> >
> > rik
>
> Yes, it does when the public doesn't have direct access to the
> development work going on.  Thats what started this thread in the
> first place.

This is ludicrous. You don't have access to my private source trees on
my private machines where I test and develop software before committing
it to CVS. How does that change the fact that when I commit that
software it has a standard two clause BSD open source license.

Its the results that are open source, not the pre-commit experiments.
Next you will be demanding that everyone writes every single thought
they have about FreeBSD into some interminable web log so that the
project can be truly 'open source'.