Re: Public Access to Perforce?

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 11:51:42 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, Doug Rabson wrote:

> On Wednesday 18 August 2004 16:31, Robert Watson wrote:
> > A first test for any open
> > source replacement for CVS in the FreeBSD project is that it be able
> > to import our current history and workload efficiently. I believe
> > last time this was attempted with Subversion, the importer ran at
> > least a month before the person trying it gave up :-).
>
> For what its worth, the latest cvs2svn converter is at least two orders
> of magnitude faster than when this test was run. I have a private CVS
> test repository which used to take several days to convert on a fairly
> slow machine. With the latest convertion script it only takes a few
> hours.

Last I looked, my primary concerns with Subversion were:

- Cost to import full FreeBSD history.

- That it promised the multi-way branching and merging in a future
  release, but did not yet have it.

Do you know how things look with respect to the second issue?

robert_at_fledge.watson.org      Principal Research Scientist, McAfee Research