Re: new if_sk locking patch...

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bzeeb-lists_at_lists.zabbadoz.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 16:48:36 +0000 (UTC)
On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, John-Mark Gurney wrote:

> I took a quick look, and did some tests last night, and I couldn't
> get the box to hang.  I will admit I don't have the fastest hardware,

only the interface "hangs" and not the whole box.
only seens problem reports for the Yukons for that.

> I was running with debug.mpsafenet=1 on a Uniproc box though.  I'm going
> to commit my locking patch shortly, and could you test again?

might be able to test later this evening but cannot promise.

are you going to remove the XXX before ? I really do not like the
patch as is (w/ or w/o the XXX) but it's better than nothing for now
I guess.

BTW: hadn't had LORs with dwhite's patch when using modularized
version on my amd64 box. Seen LORs when compiled into the kernel.
Well at least that's what I think it had been.

--
Greetings