Is FreeBSD 5 twe PAE safe?

From: Kachun Lee <kachun_at_pathlink.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 14:27:53 -0700
Hi,

I asked this question about FreeBSD 4.10 in stable and got replied that the
twe driver in 4.x was not PAE safe. I checked the sys/conf/i386/PAE file in
5-current and saw 'twe' was not mentioned as a 'nodevice' in that file. Is
it true then FreeBSD 5-current's twe will work with PAE on (6G RAM)? If
that is the case, that will solve my problem and I can upgrade that server
to FreeBSD 5. If FreeBSD 5's twe will not work with PAE, is there any
note/document/hint on what it take to get that to work? I got some
experience in UNIX driver/disk controller and I was given the time to work
on it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Kachun