Re: releng_5

From: David Wolfskill <david_at_catwhisker.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 12:37:24 -0700 (PDT)
>Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 21:24:25 +0200
>From: Hanspeter Roth <hampi_at_rootshell.be>
>To: freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org
>Subject: releng_5
>Sender: owner-freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org

>the handbook lists available cvs branch tags in
>http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvs-tags.html

Eh; the doc folks probably need a reminder or some form of
encouragement.

>There are listed RELENG_5_0, RELENG_5_1 and RELENG_5_2 but not
>RELENG_5. If a nonexistent tag is specified in the cvsup file
>running cvsup the will delete the whole target tree.

>Is RELENG_5 already available?

Yes:

g1-15(4.10-S)[1] cd /S2/usr/src
g1-15(4.10-S)[2] cat CVS/Tag
TRELENG_5
g1-15(4.10-S)[3]

>Is there a means to list available cvs tags without the risk of
>deleting the target tree?

Sure.  Direct a Web browser to
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/; at the bottom of the page is
a drop-down list labeled "Show only files with tag:" which defaults to
"Allt tags / default branch".  Selecting that item provides a list of
available tags.

>Which is the tag now that will approach RELENG_5_3_0_RELEASE?

I'm pretty sure that would be RELENG_5, but concede that this is not my
particular area of expertise.

Peace,
david
--
David H. Wolfskill				david_at_catwhisker.org
Evidence of curmudgeonliness:  becoming irritated with the usage of the