Re: releng_5

From: David Wolfskill <david_at_catwhisker.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:43:49 -0700 (PDT)
>Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 23:33:35 +0200
>From: Hanspeter Roth <hampi_at_rootshell.be>
>To: freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org
>Subject: Re: releng_5
>Sender: owner-freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org

>> g1-15(4.10-S)[1] cd /S2/usr/src
>> g1-15(4.10-S)[2] cat CVS/Tag
>> TRELENG_5
>> g1-15(4.10-S)[3]

>Did you `cvs -r RELENG_5' ?

Yup.  More precisely, "cvs update -rRELENG_5" (noting that ~/.cvsrc
specifies "-d -P" for "cvs update").

Also note that I maintain a private mirror of the repo (vs. using CVSup
to update my source trees directly).

>> Sure.  Direct a Web browser to
>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/; at the bottom of the page is
>> a drop-down list labeled "Show only files with tag:" which defaults to
>> "Allt tags / default branch".  Selecting that item provides a list of
>> available tags.

>Thanks for this page. I had not noticed tha tag dropdownlist before.

Glad to help.  :-)

>What do the *_BP tags mean?

Well, in an abstract sense, the tags are arbitrary character sequences,
interpretation of which is up to the folks who use them.  :-}  More
nearly usefully, I believe those tags are used when the release
engineering team establishes "branch points".

Peace,
david
--
David H. Wolfskill				david_at_catwhisker.org
Evidence of curmudgeonliness:  becoming irritated with the usage of the