Re: Extending cdboot with options "Press any key to boot from CD" prompt

From: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida_at_ceid.upatras.gr>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 18:05:02 +0300
On 2004-08-19 17:57, Ruslan Ermilov <ru_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 04:25:03PM +0200, Andreas Kohn wrote:
> >
> > I like this idea very much.
> >
> > One small question: would it make sense to change the message to
> > something which tells the user *what* will boot if he pressed a key?
>
> Aren't you supposed to already know which CD you have inserted?  ;)

FWIW, I also like the idea of something like:

        Press any key to boot FreeBSD from CDROM...

Of course you're supposed to know, and you can certainly stop the
installer even after the system has booted into it, but it's not a bad
idea and it will help keeping away the confusion of users who think that
this is some clever Windows-only trick, right?