Re: Evil: TI ACX111 non-success

From: Bill Paul <wpaul_at_FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 15:20:09 +0000 (GMT)
> Hurray! I also got it to work, though I do get the following errors:
> # ifconfig ndis0 stationname lojak
> ifconfig: SIOCS80211: Invalid argument

Setting the stationname isn't supported yet. I think you're supposed
to set the OID_GEN_MACHINE_NAME for that, but I never got around to
adding that to the ndis_ioctl() handler.

> # ifconfig ndis0 mode 11g
> ifconfig: SIOCSIFMEDIA (mode): Invalid argument

Also not supported. I'm not quite sure how to duplicate the 'mode'
behavior with NDIS.

> Neither of these are particularly important (though I would very much like
> the speed associate with g) because:

Because what? Have you actually tested transfer speed with the device?
It should still associate at 802.11g speeds even though it doesn't tell
you.

-Bill

-Bill Paul            (510) 749-2329 | Senior Engineer, Master of Unix-Fu
                 wpaul_at_windriver.com | Wind River Systems
              <adamw> you're just BEGGING to face the moose