kmail breakage?

From: Tim Kellers <timothyk_at_devel.njit.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 11:53:05 -0400
(If this post slams into your mailbox more then once, I apologize, the
e-mail gods are against me this morning)

Since CURRENT is now 6.0 (and I'm running 5.3) I'm not certain where this
  question should go, but here's hoping this is still the right place...

  When I launch kmail from KDE, the message
  "KDEInit could not launch 'kmail'" is returned in a dialogue box, when I
launch
  it from xterm, I get:
  > kmail
  /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/libkabc.so.3: Undefined symbol
  "_ZNSt24__default_alloc_templateILb1ELi0EE12_S_free_listE"

  > uname -a
  FreeBSD www.smsdesign.org 5.3-ALPHA FreeBSD 5.3-ALPHA #6: Fri Aug 20
06:54:42
  EDT 2004     root_at_www.smsdesign.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/BRASIDAS  i386

  My KDE is 3.2.3  Kmail worked up to this morning, this happendd around
the same
  time as my update from 5-CURRENT to 5.3 Alpha.

  portversion(1) tells me all my kde components are up to date as of this
morning.

  I didn't see anything in /usr/ports/UPATING about this problem, nor did I
see
  anything in the list archives.

  Any ideas?

  Tim Kellers