Re: Alpha is seriously broken

From: Ken Smith <kensmith_at_cse.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 13:02:47 -0400
On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 05:54:38PM +0100, Doug Rabson wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 17:53, Ken Smith wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 05:46:08PM +0100, Doug Rabson wrote:
> >
> > > Another idea - if the obj tree is still around on beast, you might be
> > > able to re-run 'make everything' if you can find a working make binary.
> >
> > With the backed out version of crt1.c in place, right?
>
> Right.

Ok.  I'm just getting the BETA1 builds running, beast will need to
wait for a bit but I'll get to it ASAP.

Dealing with the cluster machines has been ... educational.  Last week
I almost got sledge back from having wiped out both /rescue and /lib
using cruft I found in /stand.  It was to the point it was starting to
be able to build stuff when it panic-ed on filesystem problems again.
Peter has since had some time to look at it as well and it's likely
the disk drive is dying last I heard from him (he said he rebooted
it with a UP kernel and suddenly had block and character device files
in /usr/src...).

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith_at_cse.buffalo.edu