RE: Extending cdboot with options "Press any key to boot from CD" prompt

From: Samuel Clements <sclements_at_linkline.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 11:35:46 -0700
> > Windows 2000 and later checks for an active partition on HDD first, and
> > display this message if none found.
> >
> > Is it hard to implement?
>
> Don't know for sure. Also you can have several hard drives, another
> CD-ROMs, floppies etc., that set for bootstraping in BIOS after current
> CD-ROM, so that I doubt that such detection is a good idea and worth
> efforts.

Actually, I believe it checks to see if there is an active partition, then
displays the message. Once the timeout occurs, it tries to boot off of the
found active partition - independent of what is set as the next boot device
in the BIOS. Of course if no active partition is found - no message is
displayed, and the install CD just starts.
  -Sam