Re: on amd64 tcp4 cksums are bad (FYI)

From: Sean McNeil <sean_at_mcneil.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 20:20:12 -0700
Gentlemen,

I reported this a long time ago.  Hardware transmit checksums are broken
somewhere.  Most likely UDP and perhaps ipfw/nat have something to do
with it.  I've just checked and the problem still exists.  In order for
something like NFS to work, you have to turn off txcsum.  Other people
see this same issue and it has led me to conclude it isn't nic related.

Cheers,
Sean