Re: Bluetooth modules don't load on RELENG_5

From: Eric Anderson <anderson_at_centtech.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 09:15:10 -0500
Tai-hwa Liang wrote:

>Eric,
>
>  Was your RELENG_5 upgraded from 5.[012]-RELEASE? If so, try to fix the
>module loading problem by following directions described in src/UPDATING:
>
>20040806:
>        Module loading has been fixed.  Some older installations will
>        drop proper module_path initialization and modules will fail to
>        load properly.  If you have a line in /boot/loader.rc that says:
>        "initialize drop", do (i386 only):
>                cp /usr/src/sys/boot/i386/loader/loader.rc /boot/loader.rc
>                chown root:wheel /boot/loader.rc
>                chmod 444 /boot/loader.rc

That did the trick.  I guess I haven't tried to mess with any modules
from command line (instead of in loader.conf) since before the 6th.

Thanks again (and shame on me for not triple-checking src/UPDATING!)

Eric

Eric Anderson     Sr. Systems Administrator    Centaur Technology
Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.