Re: uhid recently broken

From: M. Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 14:19:14 -0600 (MDT)
In message: <20040823041105.GA703_at_prophecy.dyndns.org>
            Christopher Nehren <apeiron_at_comcast.net> writes:
: On Sun, Aug 22, 2004 at 22:52:02 EDT, Doug White scribbled these
: curious markings:
: > Does it get picked up by ugen instead, or doesn't appear at all?  If ugen
: > was grabbing it, you may have forgotten to build uhid in, or load the
: > module before the device was enumerated.
:
: I don't have ugen in my kernel config as I don't have any ugen devices.
: Trying to load it after boot, surprisingly, page faults the kernel (I
: say this on the second attempt to write this reply :-). It doesn't
: appear in the 6.0-CURRENT kernel's device probes whatsoever. I'll build
: a debug kernel without ugen and one with it, in order to obtain some
: more information.
:
: As for forgetting to build uhid in: that's extremely unlikely as I used
: the same kernel config file for both kernels, and I haven't changed it since I
: upgraded to -CURRENT. I use this device every day (okay, I admit, it is
: a desktop system), so I won't be removing it.

Try backing out to uhid.c 1.72.  I don't think that will work, but it
is worth a shot.  uhid appears to be different than others because it
seems to attach to the interface rather than the whole device, which
none of the devices I tested did.  uhub.c may be to blame, but I've
not looked to see what should be backed out/changed there.

Warner