Re: Project Evil on a WG311v2: working

From: Bill Paul <wpaul_at_FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 21:06:54 +0000 (GMT)
> Hi list,

> I just wanted to share some words I wrote on post-kldload configuration of
> the Netgear WG311v2, as it does not really react like I'd suppose, some
> undocumented features from various .inf files helped me setting up the
> card on Adhoc mode. See
> http://imil.net/docs/FreeBSD-5.2.1+Project-Evil.txt for details.

> Thanks

*sigh* For the umptity umpth time, to enable ad-hoc mode, do this:

# ifconfig ndis0 ssid "MY SSID" mediaopt adhoc up

For infrastructure mode:

# ifconfig ndis0 ssid "MY SSID" media autoselect

To change the channel (THIS ONLY WORKS IN AD-HOC MODE!):

# ifconfig ndis0 channel 7

-Bill

-Bill Paul            (510) 749-2329 | Senior Engineer, Master of Unix-Fu
                 wpaul_at_windriver.com | Wind River Systems
              <adamw> you're just BEGGING to face the moose