Re: 5.3-BETA1 for Alpha available

From: Andreas Kohn <andreas.kohn_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 02:36:27 +0200
Hi,

On Wed, 2004-08-25 at 02:00, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:

> > [...]
> > console                 graphics
> > [...]
> >
> > Same panic happens if
>
> I may be mistaken, but you may need to power cycle or hard reset for it
> to take effect.

Okay. Testing that is a problem for me. The battery of the machine is
dead, I don't have any replacement at hand. Never bothered about it, as
there is always NTP :)
I just tried power cycling, it lost its settings at once.

I have an ES40 manual here, it says to issue init after changing
console. This results in the same panic.

> > Or should I instead try to find the point in time where tga stopped
> > working?
>
> It may never have worked. I've had nothing but panics and problems on
> my Miata whenever I wanted to use the TGA2 adapter. I think recent
> changes just made it more visible.
I just found why I commented it out:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-alpha/2004-May/001460.html

So at least it *booted* with tga without a panic on sources < May 1st.

Anyways, should there be some notes for the Alpha release of 5.3
regarding this issue?
I also tried with set hint.tga.0.disable="1", but that doesn't work :/

I will let the build of 6-CURRENT finish, and will try to install this
tomorrow.

Thank you very much for your time!

Best Regards,
--