Re: Running the network stack without Giant -- change in default coming

From: Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama_at_imgsrc.co.jp>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 10:39:38 +0900
At Tue, 24 Aug 2004 14:41:20 +0000 (UTC),
Robert Watson wrote:
> - We've focussed primarily on getting mainstream network configurations to
>   run without Giant: this means that less mainstream subsystems (parts of
>   IPv6, some netgraph nodes, IPX, etc) are currently unsafe without the
>   Giant lock turned on.

I'm interesting to use without Giant.  But (as you know :-)) I'm using
IPv6 usually.  How can I help to test this?

I'm sorry I don't understand how it is difficult, but is it possible
to protect whole IPv6 code only with Giant without network stack
Giant?

--
Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama_at_imgsrc.co.jp> // IMG SRC, Inc.
             <kuriyama_at_FreeBSD.org> // FreeBSD Project