Re: missing fd0 in /dev after cvsupping to FBSD-6.0-CURRENT

From: Ruslan Ermilov <ru_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 16:15:08 +0300
On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 05:34:49PM +0200, Fran?ois Weissbaum wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> this is my problem !
>
> After cvsupping from FBSD-5.2 to FBSD-6.0-CURRENT I miss fd0 in /dev. Consequently
> accssing floppy is not possible anymore. It must have something to do with
> devfs.
> I tried 'mknod /dev/fd0 ...' but could not find out the correct major/minor
> numbers for the floppy driver.
>
> Any suggestion helping solve the problem is highly appreciated (sure, the
> real problem is my stupidity, but this is not solvable anymore)

I've lost my floppy drive too.  It now reports that I have fdc0 and fdc1,
while previously I only had fdc0 (and my notebook really has only one
floppy controller), but the attach routine returns a non-zero exit status.
I will work with Poul-Henning to try to resolve this issue.  Stay tuned.

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov
ru_at_FreeBSD.org