Re: LOR re0 and acpi

From: John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j_at_resnet.uoregon.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 07:43:58 -0700
Marius Nünnerich wrote this message on Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 02:47 +0200:
> On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 11:20:34 -0700
> John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j_at_resnet.uoregon.edu> wrote:
> >
> > I happen to have recently purchased a card, and ran across the same
> > LOR...  Try the attached patch.  It works for me..
>
> The patch works here too, thanks. But is it OK to simply remove that lock?

Yes.  The device isn't attached yet, so no one else should have a reference
to the softc, and the lock is initalized and destroy in just a few lines,
so there really is nothing that the lock locks.

It might be useful if asserts are added to the CSR_READ_4 macro, but that
probably won't happen since it's just a wrapper around a bus_space_ macro..

> > Next step is to lock down the driver.. :)
>
> I would love to, but I have no skills in this sector :(

Don't worry, I'm working on merging bms's changes to rl into the re
driver.

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579