Re: Intel ICH4 AC'97 audio playback problem (muted) [RELENG_5]

From: Lewis Thompson <purple_at_lewiz.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 22:33:58 +0100
On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 11:16:07PM +0200, Hanspeter Roth wrote:
>   On Aug 26 at 21:44, Lewis Thompson spoke:
>
> > That sounds like just what I need.  I'll get looking now.  I have a
> > feeling that I muted the sound with the Windows driver before I
>
> Does it have a mute-button or volume-wheel that have accidently been
> switched or turned?

No... but I've just this second discovered that it actually is
working... it's so quiet I can't hear it unless I turn *everything* off
in the room and use some very sensitive headphones.  No chance of
hearing anything through the speaker.

  So it's getting a little better but I have no idea where to go from
now.  The speaker itself wasn't ever loud under Windows but it drove
these headphones perfectly.

  Thanks for your help,

-lewiz.

--
I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.  --Bob Dylan, 1964.
-| msn:purple_at_lewiz.net | jabber:lewiz_at_jabber.org | url:www.lewiz.org |-