Re: Intel ICH4 AC'97 audio playback problem (muted) [RELENG_5]

From: Lewis Thompson <purple_at_lewiz.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 23:37:29 +0100
On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 06:17:57PM -0400, Mathew Kanner wrote:
> On Aug 26, Lewis Thompson wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 11:16:07PM +0200, Hanspeter Roth wrote:
> > >   On Aug 26 at 21:44, Lewis Thompson spoke:

> > > Does it have a mute-button or volume-wheel that have accidently been
> > > switched or turned?
> >
> > No... but I've just this second discovered that it actually is
> > working... it's so quiet I can't hear it unless I turn *everything* off
> > in the room and use some very sensitive headphones.  No chance of
> > hearing anything through the speaker.
> >
> >   So it's getting a little better but I have no idea where to go from
> > now.  The speaker itself wasn't ever loud under Windows but it drove
> > these headphones perfectly.
>
> 	Even more reason to think that we are just missing one bit.

I actually spent the time inbetween my previous reply and this post you
replied to was spent searching.  What I found was largely a patch that
actually allowed the module to load, while my problem seems to be just
that it's inaudible ;)

  Do you have any other suggestions for what I could search for?  I
basically just searched for ich4 on all the FreeBSD lists (and
multimedia on its own).

  Thanks,

-lewiz.

--
I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.  --Bob Dylan, 1964.
-| msn:purple_at_lewiz.net | jabber:lewiz_at_jabber.org | url:www.lewiz.org |-