Re: use of moused on 5.3-BETA1 causes hard freeze

From: Philip Paeps <philip_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 06:09:10 +0200
On 2004-08-25 14:50:40 (+0100), Vince Hoffman <jhary_at_unsane.co.uk> wrote:
> Since cvsuping and recompiling I can no longer use moused as it lock up the
> computer (or at lease freezes mouse and keyboard, i havent had a chance to
> see it i can ssh in post moused.) computer is a toshiba portege A100 and
> uses a synaptics touchpad, last cvsup was yesterday

Could you add options PSM_DEBUG=2 to your kernel and post the chatty output of
the psm driver?  It will tell you things about 'info' and 'capa'.  Does your
laptop have only a touchpad, or does it also have extra pointer gadgets?

> I'm aware that the synaptics support is being looked at but it doesnt
> mention breakage to this extent

I'd prefer it not to break to this extent :-o

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps                                    Please don't Cc me, I am
philip_at_freebsd.org                               subscribed to the list.

  If at first you don't succeed ... get new batteries.