Re: Bug reports requested - acpi

From: Roman Kurakin <rik_at_cronyx.ru>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 14:59:42 +0400
You want it:

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=2624308+0+/usr/local/www/db/text/2004/freebsd-current/20040822.freebsd-current

It seems that problems I have due to acpi code update between 2004-08-13
and 2004-08-14.
I'll check tomorrow that I didn't mix up sources.

I send this report while catching my LORs so I didn't include first part
of trace.
Since for LOR it is a part of witness code. Initialy I didn't pay any
attention
to the first half of trace.
I can't send it now since I've started from wrong disk and unable to log
on to
machine that could access buggy one via console :-(

 >From install_ap_tramp while copping srt => dst I got a trap while attempt
to write to dst. (I've checked dst is readable). Trap calls a code from
pmap_failure
which in turn tries to lock (mtx_lock). And system hangs while this attempt.
I've just applied changes in vm code that was made while 13-14, and after
restart I was able to log in to buggy system. So vm is not the place of
problems.
The only unapplied patch is a acpi changes.

rik

Nate Lawson: