Re: Bug reports requested - acpi

From: Roman Kurakin <rik_at_cronyx.ru>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 01:53:43 +0400
Nate Lawson:

> Roman Kurakin wrote:
>
>> Nate Lawson wrote:

>>> Does booting without ACPI fix the problem?
>>

>> No. Only safe mode. As I understand it also turn off MP.
>

> Safe mode disables the APIC in addition to ACPI.  Since disabling ACPI
> alone doesn't fix your problem, I doubt I can be much more help right
> now since I'm not an APIC expert.  Why don't you try booting with APIC
> disabled but ACPI still active and see how things

But the only part of code that switch between working and unworking
state is dev/acpica
and i386/acpica. I guess this is ACPI, not APIC code? (I am not expert
in both)

However, I think that this is not a single problem. At least two or more
half-buggy parts
meet together and now they look like one big bug. My observations
enforce me to think
so.

> work?
>
> set hint.apic.0.disabled="1" at the loader prompt

I'll try this tomorrow since I am going to sleep now. I hope it will reboot.
If not I'll try to get to the work to fix its state.