Re: Re[2]: Wine and mmap

From: John Birrell <jb_at_cimlogic.com.au>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 14:44:39 +1000
On Sat, Aug 28, 2004 at 12:41:17AM -0400, Brian Fundakowski Feldman wrote:
> Oh, LD_PRELOAD cannot be used to override rtld itself, can it?  My fault,
> then.

I don't think there is a way around changing the semantics of mmap. Wine
goes to a lot of trouble to look like a Windows program and a Unix one at the
same time. The more you try to change the Wine code away from they way they've
developed it, the more you learn about why the code is the way it is. 8-)

--
John Birrell