RE: Random lockups on 3ware 8506-8

From: Lawrence Farr <bsd-current_at_epcdirect.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 08:27:07 +0100

I have traced my SMP lockups *I believe* to the 3ware card.
After the regular hangs during make release, I put another
SMP machine in it's place with scsi raid instead. This has
lasted through 3 make release cycles so far after applying
the IPI patches. The old SMP machine with the 3ware card
in will not make it through a single make release even
with the patches.