Re: suspend/resume panic in ACPI..

From: Søren Schmidt <sos_at_DeepCore.dk>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 21:49:52 +0200
Nate Lawson wrote:

>>> Please go through acpi_{button,cmbat,lid}.c and comment out the
>>> foo_resume() code in each.  Let me know which one is the culprit if
>>> this works.
>> Will do, but it will be awhile, I have "real work" that needs to be
>> finished first.
> Any progress yet?  My guess is the cmbat resume code is giving you this
> trouble.

OK, I played a bit with it. I commented out the resume code in
acpi_cmbat.c (acpi_button.c and acpi_lid.c already has empty resume
functions).

Now, if in single user the system comes back on resume, but it will
double panic in a few seconds, if in multiuser it wont come back at all,
  backlight off and sytem locked hard.

In short no progress, only fix is still to backstep acpi til aug 1st,
then things work pretty well...

-Søren