Re: [PLEASE TEST] Better support for Synaptics Touchpads

From: Alexandre \ <Alex.Kovalenko_at_verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 21:26:46 -0400
On Sat, 2004-08-28 at 14:41, Marc Fonvieille wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I updated my -CURRENT (from 16/08) laptop to today's -CURRENT, and I see
> a lot of difference with my touchpad.
> Well, it's really not useable, the touchpad is less accurate, the double
> tap & hold is not working anymore etc.  To sum up, if I want to use X
> with my laptop, I have to plug in a mouse.
>
> So I'd like to back to previous behavior, I tried various psm flags to
> make my touchpad seen as a vanilla PS/2 mouse, but nothing works.
> Is there a way to switch back?
>
> Marc
Roll psm.c (/usr/src/sys/isa/psm.c) to version 1.70 and rebuild the
kernel. At least in my case, sensitivity becomes sane and double tap and
drag is there.

Last psm.c, I have tried to no avail was 1.79. I just cvsup'ed my system
and saw psm.c 1.81, maybe it has changed to the better. I will know for
sure in couple of hours, when build/install is done. However, 1.70 is
sure bet.

---
Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko.