RE: PLEASE TEST: IPI deadlock avoidance patch

From: Daniel Eriksson <daniel_k_eriksson_at_telia.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 16:45:10 +0200
I wrote:

> Running the exact same test under a kernel compiled without
> SMP worked without any problems.

Hmm, after running the test a second time, I actually got a crc error even
when using a UP kernel. The test set is 9GB+ in ~270 files. With SMP I seem
to get around 10% corrupt files after simply making a duplicate of the
folder. With UP I have gotten 1 corrupt file in 2 tries (~550 files copied).

I'll report back here after I have tested "classic" vinum.

/Daniel Eriksson