RE: ataraid + geom_stripe problems

From: Daniel Eriksson <daniel_k_eriksson_at_telia.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 19:16:37 +0200
Søren Schmidt wrote:

> Hmm, looks like you re triggering the throtteling code, that
> will lead  to catastophic failure as it tosses out interrupts
> causing this:

Yes, that is very likely to be the source of my problems. However, the root
cause is still not clear to me. Why would I get an interrupt storm when
geom_stripe tastes the discs when everything else works like a charm?

I have hw.intr_storm_threshold=5000 set in /boot/loader.conf so the storm is
probably pretty "big". I added that setting back in June when, after
installing a second RocketRAID 454 card, I started getting interrupt storms
at boot during device probing. It didn't really help, but ACPI changes at
the beginning of August seems to finally have removed those problems.

> Anyhow you would want up to date -current ATA sources as quite a few
> problems has been solved..

Hmm, anything in the last 4 days that could affect this (kernel/userland was
from 4 days ago)? I don't recall seeing any commits that would be relevant.

/Daniel Eriksson