Re: suggestion for /usr/src/UPDATING

From: Brad Knowles <brad_at_stop.mail-abuse.org>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 10:24:29 +0200
At 10:07 AM +0200 2004-08-31, Ulrich Spoerlein wrote:

>  Anyway, I think there are more important matters to attend right now in
>  FreeBSD. This probably only affects people with a QWERTY or similiar (the
>  german QWERTZ) layout.

	Or for whom "L" equals left, and "R" equals right.

	Think French.  Gauche and Droite.  [0]

	Does hard-coding "g" and "d" into the program make any more sense
than hard-coding "l" and "r"?  Why not make the program fully
internationalized, so that the key bindings for left and right are
dependant on your language specification within your environment?

	How about using "1" and "0"?  One is on the left side of the
keyboard and the other is on the right side, and I think that this
overall sideded-ness is consistent across all different keyboard
types I've ever seen.  It also makes a certain silly binary sense.

[0] I can't believe that I'm actually saying something positive about
French!  Pierre Beyssac is going to freak!  ;)

--
Brad Knowles, <brad_at_stop.mail-abuse.org>

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755