Re: RELENG_5 ipfw problem

From: Oliver Brandmueller <ob_at_e-Gitt.NET>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 12:28:50 +0200
Hi.

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 07:29:15PM -0700, Sean McNeil wrote:
> How are you compiling ipfw2?  I have it built into my kernel and have no
> issues at all.  Are you using it as a loadable module or part of the
> kernel?

Meanwhile (as I wrote in the thread) I have IPFW compiled in by using
options IPFIREWALL and options IPFIREWALL_FORWARD - which is now
mandatory to have forwarding support.

When you say "no issues at all", do you also use forwarding to change
the next hop of IP packets? This seems to be the only problem and is a
very special setup.

Greetings, Oliver

--
| Oliver Brandmueller | Offenbacher Str. 1  | Germany       D-14197 Berlin |
| Fon +49-172-3130856 | Fax +49-172-3145027 | WWW:   http://the.addict.de/ |