Re: HighPoint RocketRAID 1820 Driver

From: Søren Schmidt <sos_at_DeepCore.dk>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 22:54:07 +0200
Magnus Carlebjörk wrote:
> Hi. Are there any plans to import the source code for the highpoint 1820?
>
> http://www.highpoint-tech.com/BIOS%20%2B%20Driver/rr1820/FreeBSD/rr182x-bsd-openbuild-v101.tgz
>

> Quoting from the readme.txt in the driver source:
>
> "THERE ARE NO RESTRICTIONS ON THE USE OF THIS FREE SOURCE CODE"
>
> Wouldn't it be nice to have a native driver?

Well it would be if it had source code with it. All the interesting bits
are in a binary .o file.

That said, I'm close to finishing support for the Marvell chip used in
that controller as part of the ATA driver, so native support will happen
when I get time to get it finished and out the door :)

-Søren