Re: Giantless VFS.

From: Jeff Roberson <jroberson_at_chesapeake.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 05:51:11 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 30 Nov 2004, Peter Holm wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 01:39:01AM -0500, Jeff Roberson wrote:

> > > Here's a problem I ran into during stress test:
> > >
> > > http://www.holm.cc/stress/log/jeff01.html
> > >
> > > Let me know if you need more gdb output.
> >
> > Thanks, this is the most serious bug of the couple that were reported.  It
> > indicates a possible race to flush a buffer.  I'm still looking for this.
> > What steps did you take to produce this panic?
> >

> I ran my kernel stress test: http://www.holm.cc/stress/src/stress.tgz
> I stopped using your patch after the two reported problems.
> Let me know if you would like me to perform more testing with your patch.

Thanks, I think I may have fixed the problems that were exposed via your
stress tool.  I'll post an updated patch to the list in a moment.  I was
wondering if you have seen a panic in pmap_invalidate_range via sigexit()?
It seems to have been caused by illegal calls to sigexit() from
trapsignal().  If you have not reported it yet, I have a copy of a stack
here and I can let the responsible people know.

Cheers,
Jeff